First construction was started in two locations: Project Georgia 100-1, 50 units, named the Ora Lee West Homes and Project Georgia 100-2, 100 units, named the Hudson Dockett Homes. The architects selected were Davis, Addy, Greer, Thomson and Bright and the construction contract was awarded to the J, N. Bray Company for $1,087,793-00- Projects #1 and #2 were completed August 31, 1952.
Projects Georgia 100-3, 80 units, at Ora Lee West and GA. 100-4, 170 units, at Hudson Dockett were created by the same architectural firm of Davis, Addy, Greer, Thomson and Bright. The general contractor was A. B. Newton & Company engineers at both locations were Patchen & Zimmerman. GA 100-3 was finished on March 31, 1953 and GA 100-4 was completed May 31, 1953.
Project Georgia 100-5, 26 units, was located in the Remerton area, on streets West Gordon and Hutto- The construction contract was awarded to Crawford Construction Company for $171,900-00 and was completed on July 31, 1953. These duplexes are called the Lloyd Greer Homes.
After an urban renewal program (GA. R-17) of demolition was completed. Project Georgia 100-6, the Cranford Homes, were built- These consisted of 70 duplexes located at scattered sites over the city of Valdosta. The firm of Bright, Davis & Blackburn, Architects, were selected by the Board and the construction contractor was Mann & Massee. Construction and renting took place in the early 1960’s and helped to fill a need for reasonable housing in the area.